Wednesday, July 20, 2011

don’t cry over broken glass

About two weeks ago on a Thursday, I came home to this. Shattered. Glass everywhere. I peered inside to see if there was a culprit, but saw no rock or anything. I was dumbfounded. I tried to walk over it and open the door, but glass continually flied out at me, so I waited for D to get home so he could help. It took about an hour to pick up, and that was with a shop-vac, I can only imagine how long it would have taken without one. Turns out the guy who cuts the lawn hit it with a rock. Go figure. A note would have been nice. It has been two weeks, and we still have glass in our front driveway area.

The weekend following this lovely diamonesque experience we went to go see Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow in concert. As soon as we parked we were in for a show. Three underage (teenage) girls got arrested for drinking. I almost felt bad. Almost. The concert was good. I really love Kid Rock. I know he is very white-trashy, but it really doesn’t change my opinion of him. He is such a great performer.

When we got home from the concert we were greeted by these furry little friends. We have a lot of bunnies and chipmunks in our area. I got so close to these and they didn't even care. They are fast little buggers though. Have you ever tried to catch one? Not. Happening.

We also were so lucky to see the biggest, grossest beetle I have ever seen. The picture really does not do it justice. The thing was HUGE. It was right near the door to get in the house, and we didn't want to risk it coming in, so D had to ‘let it go.’ So sad. I wonder what the life expectancy is of a bug like that?

No comments: