Monday, June 20, 2011

couponing deals!

so this weekend, I did pretty good couponing. Not my best, but I stayed under budget, which was good, and I felt good about my purchases. I ended up paying a total of $33.76 for everything seen above. My budget was $40, so I came under, which I always love. I saved a total of 71%. Not my best, but that is with going to 3 stores, Walgreens, CVS & Hannaford. At CVS alone, I saved close to 92%, which was one of my best ever. 

Some of the things I got in this ‘transaction’ includes: 4 toilet bowl cleaners, 6 air fresheners, 4 salad dressing, and 4 cake mix. To all the skeptics out there, and people that think it is too time consuming, I really urge you to try couponing.  Even if you save $10 a week grocery shopping by using just a small amount of coupons, that is a yearly savings of $500. Think about it.

6 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! I'm impressed. That's a great deal. My intentions of couponing are valiant but they do not always work out. I usually forget them at home when I'm already near the store, or I just don't feel like buying the specific items that I have coupons for. Ugh! I am very jealous of your diligence though!

stefanie.ann said...

haha, thanks Heather, I have learned to no longer be 'brand specific' and just get whichever I have a coupon for.

Anonymous said...

good deals!!!

found your blog thru Casey's linkup! and i am now following!
http://resourcefulred.blogspot.com
resourcefulred@gmail.com

Jenn said...

I just watched Extreme Couponing the other day and was totally amazed! I`m up in Canada and I`m sure we don`t have the same coupon deals as there are in the States. Great purchase!

Christy said...

Great Score! I also love couponing. :)

christyscuties.blogspot.com

stefanie.ann said...

Yea, every state is different with different deals and policies. It is always good to cut coupons though, even if you don't know much about it, saving is saving.

Thanks for all the support, hope you all will follow along!